My wife's relatives will kill me if Nigeria fail to qualify for World Cup," Mikel cries out - WELCOME TO THEWATCHNEWS. : WORLD NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT.

WELCOME TO THEWATCHNEWS. : WORLD  NEWS  &  ENTERTAINMENT.

Reaching The World With The Best.

Breaking

Thursday 3 August 2017

My wife's relatives will kill me if Nigeria fail to qualify for World Cup," Mikel cries out



Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi says he will be "killed" by his Russian in-laws if he fails with the Super Eagles, to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The Super Eagles currently top Group B with six points. Mikel, 30, who is married to a Russian woman, Olga Diyachenko, says his in-laws will not accept any excuse if Nigeria do not qualify for next year's World Cup.

"My wife is Russian. And many of our relatives and friends are from Russia," Mikel told FIFA.com. "They are all expecting Nigeria to qualify for the next World Cup. I think they will kill me if I fail them."

Looking ahead to the crucial home game against Cameroon in Uyo on August 31, Mikel, who just recovered from injury, expressed confidence that a win for the Super Eagles will edge them closer to Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad